We are a Family Bed and Breakfast in the Cotswold village of Churchill, we have five guest rooms and a lounge / dining room exclusively for guests' use. We have one car park immediately in front the building , a second car park to the right hand side and a front garden with some furniture. The house was constructed as a family dwelling and village forge and therefore does not offer any special facilities for those with a disability. Wheelchair access is not possible.
• We are situated the centre of the village of Churchill on the B4450. We are in a peaceful location. A car is generally necessary.
• The nearest bus stop is one hundred yards, however the service is quite limited
• The nearest Railway Station is two miles away in Kingham.
• Taxis are available but must be pre-booked. We can provide details of several local firms.
• We have a very friendly dog in the house
• We cannot accommodate pets
• We can provide large-format printed information if required
• We have a website and can be contacted by email or telephone - our phone will divert to a mobile if we are away from the house. Please refer to the 'Contact Information'
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise on time of arrival if outside the hours of 16:00 and 19:00, we can usually have a room ready a little earlier or bags can be left with us and keys taken by prior arrangement
• We have our own 'off road' car parks with plenty of parking; one is a flat gravelled area. The other a sloping tarmac area The entrance door is just a few yards from either car park. Up a flight of five steps from the front, or along a gravel path from the side.
• Assistance with luggage is available
• The outside area is lit by automatic security lamps at night
Main Entrance & Reception
• Please ring the bell and wait for someone to answer the door
• There are two steps into our entrance hall.
• The dining room and kitchen both lead off the hall and as do the stairs with handrail up to the first floor bedrooms
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The guest lounge / dining room leads off the hall. There is one step down. The dining room is carpeted.
• Stairs with a handrail lead to the first floor rooms in the main house
• The house is centrally heated throughout
• We have a full Fire Certificate: fire extinguishers, detectors, alarms and fire doors are fitted throughout. There is a Fire Notice in each room
Public Areas - WC
• There is no additional public WC. All rooms have their own bathroom
Restaurant / Dining Room & Lounge.
• Breakfast is served in the dining room between 08:00 and 09:30 (or earlier by prior arrangement)
• Cereals, Fruit, Juice, Yoghurt, Coffee & Condiments are self-service with the remainder of the breakfast being waitress service
• The lounge can be used by guests for relaxation at any time .
• There are sofas, local information and magazines.
• We believe this area should be a refuge from television and music so there is no television in the lounge.
• There is a self-service laundrette in Moreton-in-Marsh and one in Bourton-on-the-Water which will also provide a full laundry and dry cleaning service.
• There is an iron and iron board available on request
• We ask that guests do not wash or dry laundry in our rooms as it damages surfaces and causes a damp atmosphere which is not good for those with allergies
• The rooms in the main house are all on the first floor. They are all en-suite
• Tea and Coffee is provided. Each room has a television and a hairdryer
• In order to be helpful to those with allergies all our bedding is feather-free. We use duvets rather than wool blankets
• All of our rooms are en-suite.
• All bathrooms are carpeted. Most have shower above the bath and one room has walk in shower but no bath.
• All baths have a non-slip rubber mat
• There are no provisions or aids for disability
• All have large mirrors with light and shaver point
Grounds and Gardens
• A flat lawned garden and patio are available for guests' use; these are immediately outside the front door. We have some garden tables and chairs
• Full Fire Certification.
• Free wireless access is available in the throughout the house
• Pets are not allowed
• A fridge for guests' use is available on request
• Address: The Forge, Church Road, Chuhill, Chipping Norton, Oxfodshire OX7 6NJ
• Telephone: +44 (01608) 658173
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.cotswolds-accommodation.com
• Hours of operation: Open all year with some days off for breaks